Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open Educational Resources - Nursing
The Simtech Scenarios
A collection of free medical simulation scenarios contributed from various educators. Feel free to modify or run them as they are designed.
Audio/Video Stimuli Database
An audio / visual stimuli database where you will find high quality image, video and audio files to use in your scenarios. Current sections are: ECG / EKGs (images), Ultrasounds (videos), X-Rays (images), Other (images) and Audio clips. There also also links to various A/V solutions, often used in debriefing
Nursing Simulation Scenario Library
A collection of video simulations and accompanying documents for use by nursing educators.
FREE MEDICAL BOOKS AND JOURNALS FOR DOCTORS
OPEN ACCESS NURSING JOURNALS & DATABASES
- BioMed Central Journals
- BioMed Central is an open access publisher of over 200 free online academic journals specializing in subjects related to science, technology and medicine. Areas of interest to social workers include public health, substance abuse, Alzheimer's research and health care policy.
- National Academies Press
- All books published by the National Academies Press can be downloaded as PDFs for free by registering for a free account. Browse topics like aging, children, youth & families, policy, reviews and evaluations, population and fertility studies, women and minorities.
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Free online access to books and documents in life science and healthcare.
- Open CRS - Congressional Research Service Reports
- Reports written by the Congressional Research Service in order to keep members of Congress and their staff up to date on a number of important policy and government issues.
- OpenDOAR - Directory of Open Access Repositories
- OpenDOAR is a directory which links to open access repositories from around the world. These repositories contain a wealth of freely available scholarly articles, data and dissertations from leading universities. Browse individual repositories or search across all repositories to find articles written by faculty and scholars from these universities.
Search within over 160 peer-reviewed open access journals and some open access books. Most journals are in the medicine and science but there are some articles covering the social sciences.
- Taylor & Francis - Open Access Research
- Links to collections of freely available, open access research from Taylor & Francis journals by the following subject categories: Health, HIV/AIDS, Sexuality & Sexual Health and Social Work.