Now you need to put articles into your EndNote account. To export an article from a library database to EndNote, locate the button for exporting citations - this may be variously labeled Cite, Export, Save or something similar. Then follow the instructions to export your article(s) from library databases:
1) Click on Export/Save as a RIS format. This RIS format will be downloaded and saved to the Downloads Folder on your computer.
2) To import an RIS format to EndNote, go to your EndNote account.
3) Click on Collect and Import References.
4) Click on Choose File and a box will appear. Select the Downloads Folder from your computer and locate your RIS file (the name of this file could be "Citations" / "Delivery" / "Savedrecs" / "ProQuest Document." This depends on which database you are importing from) and click Open.
5) Then under the Import Option dropdown box in EndNote, select RefMan RIS.
6) Choose your folder to save and click on Import.
Manually insert a citation - Click on Collect and New Reference. Under the Reference Type dropdown box, select the source type (book, journal article, webpage, etc.), type in the appropriate fields, and click Save.
Citations not in a folder - Go to My References and select the citations you want. Under the Add to Group dropdown box, select your folder.
View your articles - Mouse over the green circle icon (Full-text options) of the article and click on it. It will direct you to the appropriate library database to view your article (if available in full-text).