Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SSU Writing Center
Salem State's Marty G. Walsh Writing Center is located in room 113 of the Frederick E. Berry Library and Learning Commons on North Campus. When you come in through the main doors of the building, make a hard right turn before going through the security gates into the Library, and head for the sign that says Center for Academic Excellence. The Writing Center is to the left of the CAE.
Types of Help Available
- getting started on your writing assignments
- overcoming writer's block
- identifying and addressing the needs of your audience
- developing ideas
- organizing ideas
- documenting sources and avoiding plagiarism
- revising your writing more effectively
- solving grammatical problems