- This purpose of this guide is to outline essential sources for researching economic topics.
- These are the main sources of information:
- Books - in print or electronic formats
- Journal articles - from research databases
- Working papers - from top researchers and scholars
- Web portals - to top economics sites
- Step One: Become familiar with key words related to your subject. Identify alternate ways of phrasing the topic.
- Step Two: Search for books on your topic.
- Step Three: Search for scholarly articles in databases pertaining to economics.
- Step Four: Search for your topic in economics working papers through SSRN, NBER, or the web.
- Step Five: Check out economics portals on the internet.
Nancy C. Dennis, Business and Economics Librarian
Office: Bertolon 255B & Lib210D