NAICS and SIC Codes
- NAICS codes (North American Industry Classification System) are keys to government data and company listings. Codes can be from two to six digits.
- Older US sources and some commercial databases still use SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) codes.
- Why do you need a NAICS code?
- Census databases organize industry data by NAICS codes.
- Without the NAICS code, you will not be able to find data.
2012 NAICS Definitions
453910 Pet and Pet Supplies Stores
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in retailing pets, pet foods, and pet supplies.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Retailing pets, pet foods, and pet supplies via electronic home shopping, mail-order, or direct sale--are classified in Subsector 454, Nonstore Retailers;
- Providing pet grooming and boarding services--are classified in Industry 812910, Pet Care (except Veterinary) Services; and
- Providing veterinary services--are classified in Industry 541940, Veterinary Services.
|453910||453910||453910||Feed stores, pet|
|453910||453910||453910||Pet supply stores|