Welcome to the Project ACES LibGuide, a resource sharing site for SSU departments supporting the Project ACES Pilot.
ACES course characteristics:
- Decrease dropout/fail/withdraw rates by increasing student support and engagement
- Incorporate active and collaborative learning techniques
- Incorporate enriching education experiences (defined by NSSE as diversity experiences, internships, civic engagement, learning communities, and applying course content and skills to authentic situations).
- Focus on improved student critical thinking.
- Tie course objectives to assessment that continuously monitors student learning and modifies the course as necessary.
- Incorporate innovative approaches to introduce students to new material, so class time can be used increasingly for critical thinking and high level cognitive tasks.
- Provide superior learning outcomes at a cost per student equal to or less than current levels by deploying resources and technology in efficient and cost effective ways.