NAICS and SIC Codes
- NAICS codes (North American Industry Classification System) are keys to government data and company listings. Codes can be from two to six digits.
- Older US sources and some commercial databases still use SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) codes.
- Why do you need a NAICS code?
- Census databases organize industry data by NAICS codes.
- Without the NAICS code, you will not be able to find data.
From the OSHA web site:
"2012 NAICS Definition
T = Canadian, Mexican, and United States industries are comparable.
812990 All Other Personal Services
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in providing personal services (except personal care services, death care services, drycleaning and laundry services, pet care services, photofinishing services, or parking space and/or valet parking services).
Personal fitness trainer"