238320 Painting and Wall Covering Contractors
This industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in interior or exterior painting or interior wall covering. The work performed may include new work, additions, alterations, maintenance, and repairs.
Cross-References. Establishments primarily engaged in--
- Painting lines on highways, streets, and parking lots--are classified in Industry 237310, Highway, Street, and Bridge Construction;
- Roof painting--are classified in Industry 238160, Roofing Contractors; and
- Installing wood paneling--are classified in Industry 238350, Finish Carpentry Contractors.
|Division C: Construction|
|Major Group 17: Construction Special Trade Contractors|
Industry Group 172: Painting And Paper Hanging
1721 Painting and Paper Hanging
Special trade contractors primarily engaged in painting and paper hanging. Special trade contractors primarily engaged in roof painting are classified in Industry 1761.
- Bridge painting-contractors
- Electrostatic painting on site (including of lockers and fixtures)-
- House painting-contractors
- Painting of buildings and other structures, except roofs-contractors
- Paper hanging-contractors
- Ship painting-contractors
- Traffic lane painting-contractors
Nancy C. Dennis, Business and Economics Librarian
Offices: Bertolon 255B (Tues, Thurs, & Fri) Lib210D (Mon & Wed)