- City of Salem. Business and Economic Development.
Provides a Community Profiles, and the following:
Doing Business in Salem Guide (831K PDF)
Small Business Financial Assistance Programs
Commercial Design Guidelines Manual (PDF 8.3 MB)
Technical Assistance / Business Development Resources
Salem's Top Employers
Studies and reports
Salem Main Streets
Salem Film Office
The Department of Planning and Community Development (DPCD) will assist with site planning and selection.
978-745-9595, Ext. 5685
- City of Lynn. Office of Economic and Community Development.
The Lynn OECD "administers the federal community development block grant program, the Section 108 Loan program, expands housing opportunities, promotes trade, industry and business development, and seeks the funds necessary to carry out these objectives." Site describes current programs. Supports business development in conjunction with the Lynn EDIC.
- Economic Development and Industrial Corporation (EDIC) of Lynn.
Articulates business initiatives, and provides links for doing business in Lynn. Searchable database of real estate for lease/purchase.
- Peabody. Businesses.
Practical links for doing business in Peabody, getting permits, etc.
- City of Boston. Innovation District.
A blog about living, working and playing on Boston's waterfront. Covers new businesses.
- City of Boston. Business.
Describes special initiatives.
Starting a Business in Boston
Doing Business with Boston
Licensing and Permitting
Real Estate & Construction
Mobile Food Vending
- Boston Redevelopment Authority.
While clicking on "Business" leads to specific initiatives, users will want to browse the entire site. There is a wealth of information on zoning, planning, and development. There are interactive maps and links to 2010 census data for specific neighborhoods. This is an indispensable site for anyone planning to locate a business in Boston.
- Cambridge Department of Community Development. Economic Development Division. Site Finder Assistance.
"Working in collaboration with commercial real estate brokers and property owners, the Economic Development Division maintains a listing of available commercial properties and makes this information available at no cost to anyone interested in leasing commercial space. Site searches can be performed for office, retail, industrial, and R&D space. This service is useful to entrepreneurs and small businesses, as well as to those looking for larger amounts of space."
- Merrimack Valley Planning Commission.
Covers 15 communities, from Newburyport west to Lawrence. Describes, and links to, incentives and business development programs. Provides locally-generated wage reports.
- Merrimack Valley Economic Development Council.
Details, by industry, which companies are in the Merrimack Valley, and provides essential links for companies looking to locate there.
Profiles educational opportunities and culture of the area.
- 495/Business West Partnership.
"The 495/MetroWest Partnership, through a unique public-private collaboration with businesses, municipalities, and other stakeholders, is the regional leader for creating an environment that prepares for and cultivates sustainable growth."
The web site links to research studies and the new 495/Business West Development Compact.
- Town of Northborough, Massachusetts. Economic Development.
The link "Development Brochure: In the Center of It All" offers specifics on how Northborough supports businesses through tax policies, stable finances, etc.
- Marlborough Economic Development Corporation.
Innovation Summit October 2011 http://marlboroughedc.com/innovation-summit-2011/
Priority Development Sites
- Worcester Business Development Corporation.
Private company formed in 1965 to stimulate growth in Worcester. Describes new initiatives and provides links for seeking financing.
- City of Worcester. Doing Business.
Covers planning a business, permits, ordinances, regulations, bids, planning, etc.
- Northampton Economic Development.
Personnel assist with:
* Site selection and business expansion
* Business planning and financial resources
* Business networks in the region
* Job recruitment and job seeker resources
* Job training and workforce development resources
- SouthCoast Massachusetts.
Practical and useful links: "Business Assistance," "Business Parks," Incubator Network," "Industry Clusters," "Trade Shows," and "Tourism." Provides videos/audios explaining what SouthCoast is, and its potential.