NAICS and SIC Codes
- NAICS codes (North American Industry Classification System) are keys to government data and company listings. Codes can be from two to six digits.
- Older US sources and some commercial databases still use SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) codes.
- Why do you need a NAICS code?
- Census databases organize industry data by NAICS codes.
- Without the NAICS code, you will not be able to find data.
From the OSHA web site:
2012 NAICS Definition
T = Canadian, Mexican, and United States industries are comparable.
811192 Car Washes
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in cleaning, washing, and/or waxing automotive vehicles, such as passenger cars, trucks, and vans, and trailers.
Automotive detail shops
Mobile car and truck washes
|811192||811192||811192||Automotive detailing services (i.e., cleaning, polishing)|
|811192||811192||811192||Automotive washing and polishing|
|811192||811192||811192||Detailing services (i.e., cleaning and polishing), automotive|
|811192||811192||811192||Mobile car and truck washes|
|811192||811192||811192||Truck and bus washes
Description for 7542: Carwashes
Industry Group 754: Automotive Services, Except Repair
- Bus washing
- Cleaning and polishing (detailing) new autos for dealers on a
- Detailing (cleaning and polishing) new autos for dealers on a
- Laundries, automotive
- Truck washing
- Washing and polishing, automotive
- Waxing and polishing, automotive