- Begin with IBISWorld industry research with market, industry, competitor & risk analysis including demand determinents and key success factors. Other sources also identify trends and key factors for national and global industries.
- Note your industry's NAICS and SIC codes that are used to organize data in many sources.
- Determine key consumer/buyer characteristics.
- Check out your competition.
- Estimate market size & best locations.
- Analyze financial risks - key costs, pricing strategy, cash flow and profitability risks.
Some additional sources:
- Trade associations which collect data specific to your industry;
- Trade journals which provide current news.
Not finding what you need? Ask a librarian for help.