The purpose of this guide is to outline essential sources and methods for researching biology topics.
These are the main sources of information:
- Books - in print or electronic formats
- Journal articles - from research databases
- Grey material - unpublished communications and research on the web
- Web portals - to top biology sites
Always ask a librarian if you need help.
- Do some general research on your topic; understand the key words and concepts. Identify synonyms and alternate spellings. Wikipedia can be a good place to formulate an initial understanding of the topic.
- Search in the library portal for books on your topic.
- Search for scholarly articles in biology databases held by the library.
- Check out biology resources on the internet.
Basics of Biology
Frederick E. Berry Library